All About Kapalua Maui
Please consider donating towards the Maui Fire relief efforts.
Kapalua is located on the Northwest side of Maui. The region offers stunning beaches, golf courses, and luxury resorts and spas. Kapalua is also home to one of the most beautiful bays in the world.
Why are we sharing Kapalua when we’re located over an hour away? Because so many of our Haleakala bike tour guests come from the Kapalua area on Maui’s west side and ask us what there is to do near where they’re staying. Here are some fun facts about Kapalua.
What To Know About Kapalua Maui
1. Kapalua is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, including Oneloa Bay, Napili Bay, and Kapalua Bay.
2. The area offers a wide variety of activities, including golfing (Kapalua Golf), hiking, swimming, and snorkeling
3. Dragon’s Teeth can be accessed by trail here, which is a pretty spectacular spot for photos.
4. The luxury spa at Montage Kapalua is famous as the ultimate spot to pamper yourself after a day of exploring the island.
5. The restaurants and bars at Kapalua are some of the best on Maui. Check out Merriman’s, The Sea House, Cane and Canoe, Sansei, and many more.
6. The views from Kapalua are breathtaking, especially during sunset. Walking the Coastal Trail is great any time of day, but sunset is on a whole other level.
7. It’s a great place to escape the crowds and enjoy some peace and quiet.
8. The weather in Kapalua is sunny and mild most of the year, though it does tend to be affected by a big cloud system that changes from mauka to makai. This helps explain just how green it stays in this region.
9. Staying in Kapalua generally costs more. With the likes of Montage and the Ritz-Carlton, even the many villas around are higher-end. That said, you get what you pay for. If you’re looking for a place to stay in Kapalua Maui, there’s a wide variety of accommodations, from luxurious suites to spacious villas.
10. You’re only a short drive to Kaʻanapali. It’s a great spot to visit for the day. Hit some beaches, hit some balls, and end with a great meal.
Ritz Carlton Kapalua Maui Resort & Montage Kapalua Bay
The Ritz Carlton Kapalua is one of the most popular resorts on the island. The Ritz Carlton Kapalua Resort features stunning ocean views and world-class amenities. Stunning white sand beaches, world-class golf courses, Honokahua Bay, and Honolua Bay are just moments away from this Kapalua resort.
The Montage Kapalua Bay is another popular Kapalua resort in an area full of award-winning accommodations, and this resort offers stunning views of the bay and also has dining events at the Cliffhouse.
Napili Kai Beach Resort Kapalua
If you’re looking for something a little more affordable, there are also plenty of options next door. The Napili Kai Beach Resort is a great choice if you’re looking for a beachfront property. Although the Napili Kai is not technically a Kapalua resort, it is the perfect getaway in close proximity to all of the luxury accommodations, golf courses, and white sand beaches without the hefty price tag.
Things To Do In Kapalua
There are also plenty of things to do in Kapalua. Kapalua’s championship golf courses are some of the best on the island, and there are also plenty of hiking trails and beaches nearby. Award-winning restaurants offer some of the best food on Maui, and there are plenty of bars and nightlife spots as well.
Kapalua is definitely one of my favorite places on Maui, and even if you are not staying in Kapalua, it’s worth the ride to check it out.
Find out more about our Haleakala Bike Tours.