WHAT TO BRING
The temperature atop Haleakala can be in the low 40’s and the temperature at sea level can be close to 90 degrees in the summer. While we provide rain gear for the summit, most people are more comfortable with a few extra layers. A sweatshirt and long pants are recommended, with a t-shirt and shorts underneath. That will keep you warm at the summit, but allow you to shed your layers as you make your way down the mountain and encounter warmer temperatures.
Here are a few items we recommend throughout the tour:
- Layered Clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
- Sunglasses or Prescription Eyewear
We currently are not serving any food/beverages at our shop. Along the bike ride down however there are several options and restaurants that you can stop off at and eat at if you chose. Our drivers will point out a couple of recommendations to you as we drive up Haleakala.
Staying Healthy at Bike Maui
Social Distancing, Mask Wearing & Cleaning/Sanitizing
Bike Maui is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and activity for all our employees and
guests. We have developed a comprehensive preparedness plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
in order to safeguard the safety and health of everyone on our tours. Below is a summary of what to
expect on your Bike Maui adventure:
Before You Arrive
• Thorough training of staff on preventing the spread of germs and viruses
• All common areas will be sanitized
• All vehicle interiors will be sanitized
• All bikes will be sanitized
• All helmets and gear will be sanitized
• Masks will be worn by all employees
When You Arrive
• Wear a mask
• Have temperature taken
• Sanitize hands
• Answer health questions regarding COVID-19
• Practice social distancing as much as possible
During Your Tour
• Do not share your helmet, bike, or gear with other guests
• Masks should be worn by all attendees (both staff and guests)
• Maintain social distancing as much as possible
• If you or a member of your party feels ill at any time during your tour, stop immediately and
report it to our staff
Together, we can provide a safe and incredibly fun activity to enjoy while on Maui.
Mahalo for your cooperation and understanding and get ready to enjoy the best bike ride…EVER!
* This plan is based on information from the CDC and OSHA at the time of its development and is
subject to change based on further information provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other government and
public health officials. Bike Maui may amend this plan based on safety, operational needs, and new
If anyone is unable or unwilling to comply, or have failed to meet the COVID safety requirements, we have the right to refuse service for the safety of both staff and visitors.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
BIKE MAUI IS PROUD TO PROVIDE TOP-OF-THE-LINE GEAR TO OUR GUESTS. WE FURNISH:
VEHICLE TOURS AVAILABLE FOR GUESTS WHO PREFER NOT TO BIKE.
KONA® MOUNTAIN BIKES
CUSTOM DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR DOWNHILL BIKING WITH HYDRAULIC DISC BRAKES
BELL® FULL-FACE HELMETS
HELLY HANSEN® RAIN GEAR
INCLUDING JACKET AND PANTS
We also will provide you with an informative and entertaining tour up Haleakala, maps and directions back to shop, entrance into Haleakala National Park on applicable tours.