Meet us at our location. Your adventure starts here.
Haleakala is a 10,000 ft volcano and as you bike down Haleakala through scenic Upcountry Maui, you will experience incredible views, a fascinating history, and underappreciated culture. However, you are also riding in unfamiliar territory, through unpredictable weather, on rental bicycles, and on paved public roadways.
Some elements that you need to be aware of may include but are not limited to the following:
• Curving/winding paved roads with many 180 degree turns
• Steep inclines and declines
• Road reflectors, guardrails, and pylons in place for cars, not for bicycles
• Roadway debris
• Varying climate including hot and cold temperatures, dry and wet weather, high altitude and minimal visibility
• Vehicular traffic – private and commercial
Before you participate in this activity, please consider the risks involved which are not limited to those listed here or in the waiver and risk acknowledgement form. You must be capable of competently riding a bicycle and should have recent biking experience.
• Have recent biking experience
• Ability to use a mountain bike with disc brakes, suspension, and gears
• Capable of completing several miles of a downhill bike ride at a safe speed
• Physically healthy and not have health concerns that may affect your ability to complete the ride safely.
• Meet the age minimum of 15 years AND the height requirement of 4’10” or taller.
• Understand, acknowledge, and adhere to ALL provided rules and guidelines.
• Have not gone scuba diving within 24 hours prior to the activity. (Check with your dive master for details)
Your safety and the safety of others that use the road is our top priority, so we ask that you know before you go, what this activity entails and the risks involved in such activity.